Re: How to avoid transaction ID wrap

From: Koichi Suzuki <suzuki(dot)koichi(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Mark Woodward <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to avoid transaction ID wrap
Date: 2006-06-07 04:15:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've once proposed a patch for 64bit transaction ID, but this causes
some overhead to each tuple (XMIN and XMAX). Pgbench with 64bit
transaction ID has to pay about a couple of percent of performance. If
64bit transaction ID is a reasonable fix, I've already posted this
patch. Anyone can apply this to later versions.

--
Koichi Suzuki