Re: Views, views, views! (long)

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Views, views, views! (long)
Date: 2005-05-06 02:00:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> As Dave already pointed out, serious admin tools will avoid views. We
> have to deal with version specific issues anyway.

I don't see why phpPgAdmin would avoid using the views, unless some
serious randomness happened that we had to support. The unimaginable
craziness of currently trying to support multiple versions of postgresql
is pretty bad, and the information_schema is next to useless for these
things since it doesn't have PostgreSQL specific things in it.

Chris