Re: lower function

From: Mage <mage(at)mage(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lower function
Date: 2005-04-06 22:26:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

>Mage <mage(at)mage(dot)hu> writes:
>

>>It's serious.
>>

>That's a Perl bug not a Postgres bug: libperl should not change the
>process's locale settings, or at least if it does it should restore
>the prior settings before returning. It doesn't.

I checked with show all, client and server encoding remained latin2, and
lc_ctype remained hu_HU. However, the lower function got corrupted
(encoding) until the end of the session.

I can reproduce the bug on an Debian Sarge and on a Gentoo. Both are
up-to-date.

What should I do? Subscribe to perl list and tell about this? I have to
write a trigger which can't be written well in plpgsql. My options are
to learn python or tcl on basic level in one day. I am not sure I want
and can do this.

Mage