SIGSEGV in initdb

From: Jeroen van Vianen <jeroen(at)design(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SIGSEGV in initdb
Date: 1999-12-18 01:59:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While updating my local copy to current sources and running initdb I got a
SIGSEGV at bootstrap.c:465 while adding template1 to pg_database.

This is because RelationBuildDesc in relcache.c returns a NULL at line 766.
The comments above this line say:

find the tuple in pg_class corresponding to the given relation id
if no such tuple exists, return NULL

(the relation is pg_database)

There seems to be some kind of error in the order in which the database is
bootstrapped and the system tables are created and filled.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jeroen