Re: Solaris port status

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solaris port status
Date: 2003-12-10 19:50:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> As I hoped in my previous mail, I finally got it running!
> Congratulation for your code and a big thank to Adam's "configure"
> scripts! It was quite straight to get it build although I had to patch
> one file in pgAdmin3 (see patch attached).

That's good news!

> 1) The patch attached just add a define concerning INADDR_NONE which
> is not defined in solaris headers.

Will go to cvs as soon as the dev servers are up again.

> 3) I observed "strange" behaviours (wx asserts and things like this)
> but I was able to connect to a db and to view tables and data in them
> :). I must say that the wxWin I used was rapidly patched with some
> failed hunks... I did not want to take too much time with wx as
> Andreas knows it better than me.

While wxAsserts will be silent when wx is compiled without debugging, we
should track these down.

> So, would it be possible for us to move to the snapshot I used for
> this build
> (http://wxwindows.sourceforge.net/snapshots/wx-cvs-20031207.tar.bz2) ?
> Andreas, can you take some time for this ?

Since we're merging quite some patches, we need to update from cvs; a
snapshot makes things even more complicated. So I'll have to pick a
specific date and time, hoping it will work on all machines.

Regards,
Andreas