Re: Solaris port status

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Solaris port status
Date: 2003-12-10 21:36:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Well done Raphaël - I'll buy you a large beer if we meet sometime!

> 1) The patch attached just add a define concerning
> INADDR_NONE which is not defined in solaris headers. I think
> the patch places the 3 lines where they should be but please
> correct it if it doesn't suite your taste :)

I'll hopefully look at this tomorrow.

> Is there any chance to get a Solaris box which could host the build ?
> For the moment, the only thing I could get by broadcasting to
> my friend is a "SS 5" which I doubt I can install sol 9 on
> it. I'm waiting for another answer but if you know someone
> who could provide better, it would be great.

Hmm, I don't have any Sparcs, but I did get MS Virtual PC 2004 yesterday. Slackware and FreeBSD run on it a treat - I was intending to try Solaris 8 x86 tomorrow (I don't have 9). It's not a box that could stay permanently of course, but I could do the occasional snapshot using it.

Anyone else have access to a Sparc?

Regards, Dave