Re: array support patch phase 1 patch

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Date: 2003-06-01 16:19:58
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, I think we could get away with that. It might be appropriate to
> put that single special case into IsBinaryCoercible, instead of allowing
> it only for the compatible_oper case. I can't recall offhand what else
> uses IsBinaryCoercible ...

OK -- here is that version. Certainly simplifies it, and seems
appropriate given the comments in IsBinaryCoercible.

Next question: should I roll the three array related patches floating
around (phase2, phase3, polycoerce) into one big patch again? It's
difficult for me to continue to make progress without doing that.

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
array-polycoerce.3.patch text/plain 780 bytes