Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gurjeet Singh" <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, uniware(at)zedware(dot)org, "Chuck McDevitt" <cmcdevitt(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC
Date: 2006-05-05 04:18:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5/4/06, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> My main grudge is that if we are supporting almost all flovours of
> nixens and compilers (close to 34 according to official website), then
> why are we leaving Windows platform alone? This will bring in quite a
> lot more developers.

Sorry, but this sounds pretty rude. If you have a grudge, do
something about it and stop whining about our support for tons of *nix
platforms instead of Windows. For the most part, the reason *nix
platform support is more popular is because that's what most of us use
on a daily basis.

Keep in mind this is an open source project and a lot of us have more
important things to work on than simple porting. It's easy to
criticize, it's much harder to do the actual work.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation