Re: pgbench--new transaction type

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbench--new transaction type
Date: 2012-07-16 01:57:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 1 June 2012 01:02, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Sorry it has taken me a year to get back to this patch. I have wanted
>> to use it, and to ask other people to run it and report their results,
>> several time recently, so I would like to get it into the core.

> Who marked this patch as rejected in the commitfest app? Why?

You don't think this bunch of database weenies would use an app without
a transaction log, I hope ;-). If you go to the "activity log" (link
at the upper right) it shows that Heikki did the deed, at
2012-06-20 07:34:08. The decision seems to have been taken in the
thread ending here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-06/msg01229.php
which I observe you participated in ...

> It would be nice if this information was automatically posted as a
> "comment". Surely if a patch is rejected, there should be at least a
> one-line explanation.

I suppose Heikki should have added a comment pointing to one or another
of those messages.