Missing info for buildfarm reports

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Missing info for buildfarm reports
Date: 2005-07-18 04:35:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm finding it a bit annoying that the buildfarm results pages will only
show me what the program thinks I need to know. For example, to debug
the current 7.4-branch dblink failures, it'd be awfully useful to
compare the build logs of those systems to the same machines' logs for
the not-broken 8.0 branch. But unless there's a magic back door
somewhere, I can't see either of those logs.

I think the ideal layout for the per-test-run pages would be the short
configuration summary plus links to the individual log files --- all of
them, no matter what the script thinks the outcome is.