Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Support frontend-backend protocol communication using a shm_mq.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Support frontend-backend protocol communication using a shm_mq.
Date: 2014-12-04 21:15:07
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> Support frontend-backend protocol communication using a shm_mq.

I just noticed that this patch broke the case where a standalone backend
is sent a query that throws an error -- instead, we get a segmentation
fault. Example:

echo "foobar" | postgres --single
PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 9.5devel
backend> Segmentation fault

I guess we could have a src/test/modules subdir that tests simple stuff
on standalone backends ...