Machine Learning Startup Seeks DevOps Guru

From: <charles(at)charlesweitzer(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Machine Learning Startup Seeks DevOps Guru
Date: 2014-07-18 15:28:49
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Engineer. You will work with the Infrastructure, RnD, Software, and
Trading teams to develop, test, deploy, and manage research and
production software.<br>
About us:<br>
We apply statistical machine learning to develop automated trading
strategies and systems. In addition to our research staff, our team
includes a group of exceptional software and IT professionals who are
building our next-generation software and hardware infrastructure. We
have a collegial, academic working environment, rely on open source
software, and have built our own software stack.<br>
The position:<br>
Focus areas include creating software infrastructure for our research
department and production trading systems, as well as supporting the
next generation of our compute and storage hardware systems. We seek a
candidate who can bring both development and operations skills to rework
existing software infrastructure and guide testing/automation of new
and ongoing deployments.<br>
Desired Skills and Experience<br>
* Experience with Unix-like OSes and open-source technologies<br>
* Proficiency in at least one programming language<br>
* Experience leading the deployment and maintenance of critical software services<br>
* Experience in operations for highly available services<br>
* Experience designing and implementing processes for continuous integration <br>
* Experience with configuration management and IT automation <br>
* Track record of supporting multi-developer software projects<br>
Other desirables (which are not requirements) include:<br>
* Knowledge of distributed systems, cluster computing, and fault tolerance<br>
* Knowledge of databases and database administration<br>
* Industrial experience as a software engineer<br>
* Experience working in a technology-focused startup<br>
A background in finance is not required.<br>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 2.5 KB