Re: updated emacs configuration

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated emacs configuration
Date: 2013-06-27 19:51:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Noah Misch wrote:

> Note that emacs and pgindent remain at odds over interior tabs in comments.
> When pgindent finds a double-space (typically after a sentence) ending at a
> tab stop, it replaces the double-space with a tab. c-fill-paragraph will
> convert that tab to a *single* space, and that can be enough to change many
> line break positions.

We should really stop pgindent from converting those double-spaces to
tabs. Those tabs are later changed to three or four spaces when wording
of the comment is changed, and things start looking very odd.

Really, we should get out of patched BSD indent entirely already. How
about astyle, for instance? I'm told that with some sensible options,
the diff to what we have now is not very large, and several things
actually become sensible (such as function pointer decls, which are
messed up rather badly by pgindent)