Re: Add support for logging the current role

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date: 2011-02-17 16:45:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Ugg, wait a minute. This not only adds %U; it also changes the
> behavior of %u, which I don't think we've agreed on. Also, emitting
> 'none' when not SET ROLE has been done is pretty ugly. I'm back to
> thinking we need to push this out to 9.2 and take more time to think
> about this.

%u, user_name, etc changes reverted.

%U now always returns the role currently being used for permissions
checks, by using show_session_authorization() when show_role() returns
'none'. Ditto for CSV updates.

git log below, re-based patch attached. All regression tests passed,
tested with log_line_prefix and csvlog also, all looks good to me.

Robert, if you say this has to be punted to 9.2 again, I'm giving up. ;)

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
logrole-20110217.patch text/x-diff 6.1 KB