Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Michael Banck <mbanck(at)debian(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Date: 2011-02-17 16:44:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 02/17/2011 11:22 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > psql used to use the native Windows line editing ability --- has that
> > changed?
>

> When did it? Ad what "native" windows line editing ability are you
> referring to?

There is native Windows editing like arrows, etc and history, though the
history is not kept between sessions. If windows is now using readline,
then odds are we are shipping libreadline to make that happen, and we
are then linking using a supplied GPL library (and we don't have the
OS-installed exception). I hope I am wrong.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com