Re: next CommitFest

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Albert Cervera i Areny <albert(at)nan-tic(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Subject: Re: next CommitFest
Date: 2009-11-13 17:25:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 09:31 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Well, right now we ask for docs, but if they are not supplied, I think
> > we just write them ourselves. Is a different enforcement method being
> > suggested here?
>
> And we never bump late patches, nor reject them if sent in missing
> format etc.
>
> We enforce all manner of rules. You tell me this is your main function
> on the project even. Is there now no enforcement of any rule, just
> because I propose a new one?

Enforcing civil behavior in the group, in a private way, is different
from having a public policy that requires patch review.

Again, I am not against this change --- I am just pointing out it is new
territory for us.

> Address the main question: how will we get more review time? There are
> many other possible proposals, so please lets hear them. (And how would
> they be enforced?)

Not sure, but I would like to point out the bottleneck is not currently
the reviewers but the ability to give final approval and commit it. And
again, the commit process is very fast --- it is that final approval
that is hard.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com