Re: Ach. Now, Really, really final contact list

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ach. Now, Really, really final contact list
Date: 2008-02-01 13:39:23
Lists: pgsql-www

> > Something is cearly broken in the encodings of this file :-(
>
> Which is why I suggested using HTML entities instead of UTF8 chars which
> are likely to get mangled.

UTF8 works just fine,provided you actually encode your files in it. Entities is primarily a workaround for encodings that can't represent all characters.

But if you don't deal with the files as utf8, then it'll certainly be a problem.

> > César Villanueva
> >
> > Just doesn't seem right to me..
> >
> > Also, did you intend to change Alvaros name? Looks to me like something's
> > fishy there?
> > <dd>Ã<81>lvaro Herrera
> >
> > I've put the file up on
> > http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/about/press/contact
> >
> > There, Alvaros name looks correct, but not César...
>
> It may look good to you, on your browser, but it looks broken on mine.

Interesting. Since the codes are actually incorrect I'm not surprised. But just out of interest - what's your browser?

/Magnus