Re: TODO questions

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: TODO questions
Date: 2005-08-24 20:38:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've always been of the impression that this idea just wont work. For
example, if I set shared_buffers to some number, start my database, then
comment the line out and "reload" my conf file, it just isnt going to reset
to the default. (Or at least to make it do so requires a *lot* more work than
just modifing the guc / conf file mechanisms).

IMHO the suggestion to just uncomment out all of the variables to begin with
would cut down on confusion a great deal and actually be easy to implement,
and as such is probably the way to go for now.

Robert Treat

--
Robert Treat