Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date: 2004-05-20 03:16:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> > Why not have seperate branches in CVS for each version? Branch on
> > similar dates to the core distribution itself?
> >

> And thus demolish your argument that it is in the interests of projects to
> have independent release dates. And make the task more complex.

How do you figure that? If you do a 7.4 branch of a project, around the
same time as 7.4 of PostgreSQL, you have code that is specific to that
release that you can apply patches/improvements to. By being a seperate
project, you don't hvae to wait for 7.4.1 to be released in order to
release a new version of the project ... I'm not even say call it a 7.4
branch ... just associate it with it ...

----