Re: Executable files in CVS

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Executable files in CVS
Date: 2003-11-23 23:06:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> While people add more executable files to CVS (cf. initdb.c), can we do
> something about it?

Sure. I logged into the main server machine and cd'ed to CVSROOT. I
then when to the src/bin/initdb directory, and because I didn't have
permisssions, I moved initdb.c,v to another file name then copied it to
the original name so I owned the file. I then removed the execute bits
from the file. I did that for initdb.c and dirmod.c. I then removed
files from my local CVS and did a CVS update and the files no longer
have execute bits.

I looked at my CVS and didn't see any more problem files. Do you see
any others?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us