Re: Prepared Statements

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Tkach <dmitry(at)openratings(dot)com>
Cc: Kim Ho <kho(at)redhat(dot)com>, Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>, Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc-list <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Statements
Date: 2003-07-21 14:36:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 10:27:30AM -0400, Dmitry Tkach wrote:

> Why not just allow setObject() to take Collection as an argument?

You need information on the SQL type of the contents to be able to turn them
into a DB representation correctly. We can't use the type parameter to
setObject() for this as that should reflect the whole paramater, i.e.
probably Types.OTHER in this case.

java.sql.Array has a getBaseType() that does the job.

> You would not need any special implementations then... and the
> application would not need to waste cycles on wrapping/unwrapping those
> Arrays every time...

Hah, and it's faster to wrap your array of ints in a bunch of
java.lang.Integer objects so you can put in in a Collection? :)

-O