Re: Range Types (catversion.h)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: "Jeff Davis" <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Range Types (catversion.h)
Date: 2011-02-10 17:04:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
> On Wed, February 9, 2011 09:35, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> Updated patch.

> I just wanted to mention that this latest patch doesn't quite apply as-is, because of catversion changes.

Just a note: standard practice is for submitted patches to *not* touch
catversion.h. The committer will add that change before committing.
Otherwise, it's just guaranteed to cause merge problems such as this
one. (It's not unreasonable to mention the need for a catversion bump
in the description of the patch, if you think the committer might not
realize it.)