docs: additional subsection for page-level locks in explicit-locking section

From: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: docs: additional subsection for page-level locks in explicit-locking section
Date: 2014-07-02 19:34:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While reading through the Explicit Locking section of the manual today,
I felt the last paragraph of section 13.3.2. (Row-level Locks) might
merit its own subsection. It talks about page-level locks as distinct
from table- and row-level locks. Then again, it is just one paragraph,
so maybe this was deliberate and/or rejected before (though I couldn't
find prior discussion off-hand). Proposed patch attached.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach

postgresql-sgml.diff text/x-patch 540 bytes