Re: Regress tests to improve the function coverage of schemacmds and user and tablespace files

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, Haribabu kommi <haribabu(dot)kommi(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regress tests to improve the function coverage of schemacmds and user and tablespace files
Date: 2013-11-23 17:37:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I've just had a look at both of these patches. All tests that
> have been added seem to cover new areas that are not previously
> tested, they also seem to cleanup properly after themselves, so I
> think these should be a worthwhile addition to the regression
> tests.

Thanks for reviewing!  Did you happen to note the impact on `make
check` runtime?  There are many people who run that many times per
day while working on development, so we try to keep new tests that
significantly extend that separate.  We haven't quite worked out
the best way to exercise such longer-running tests, but I suspect
we soon will.  At any rate, this is a piece of information the
committer will want, so you will be helping whoever that is if you
can supply it.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com