Re: Enabling Checksums

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enabling Checksums
Date: 2013-03-04 22:01:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 14:57 -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
> I suggest we paint that GUC along the lines of
> "checksum_failure_log_level", defaulting to ERROR. That way if someone
> wanted completely bury the elogs to like DEBUG they could.

The reason I didn't want to do that is because it's essentially a
recovery feature. A boolean seems more appropriate than a slider.

That's a good point about burying the messages with DEBUG, but I think
it might be slightly over-engineering it. I am willing to change it if
others want it, though.

Regards,
Jeff Davis