Re: Is there a committer in the house?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there a committer in the house?
Date: 2011-07-15 22:47:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of vie jul 15 18:33:14 -0400 2011:

> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committers
>
> Oh, thanks! I didn't know that existed.
>
> So, if any of the following people could possibly pick up even one patch
> from the current commitfest and commit it, it would clear out our
> pending commit list:

The "ready for committer" state does not mean that the committer can
grab the patch and apply it. Last time I checked, one was still
expected to review it and take full responsibility for any breakage
caused by it. Given this, I cannot responsibly grab more than a couple
patches, because then I'd be swamped when bug reports started coming in.