TEXT question... Was 7.0 key features

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)huntsvilleal(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: TEXT question... Was 7.0 key features
Date: 2000-05-08 20:51:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This brings me to another question. Hopefully there isn't a 8k (max 32k)
limit on TEXT fields -- I'll assume there isn't a limit on TEXT fields for
the purpose of this email..

What do you guys think of storing whole text files (normally stored in a
flat file) in the database for searching purposes? Would a search on an
indexed TEXT field be slow as mud?

I'll try it on my home machine for kicks, just wanted to get some
theoretical opinions...

Thanks!

- Mitch

"The only real failure is quitting."