ORDER BY question

From: "Luis H(dot)" <pgsql-novice(at)geekhouse(dot)no-ip(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ORDER BY question
Date: 2003-09-01 01:44:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have two tables, table A contains users (id, username, password) , and
table B contains a row that signifies the 'owner' of each particular entry,
referencing an id in A.

so example

table A
id username password
------------------------
1 me *****
2 you *******

table B
description owner
-------------------------
'something cool' 2
'another thing' 1

What I want to do is do a query where I order table B by owner, but
alphabetically by username. The problem, obviously, is that table B only
contains id's (numbers, indexing to A), which don't correspond to the
alphabetical order of the usernames.

I'm not very familiar with subqueries, but I expect I should be able to
somehow select ID's from table A ordered by username, and use this index to
order table B by owner.

Hopefully I made sense.

Thanks in advance!