Re: TRIGGERS

Lists: pgsql-novice
From: Divya Ramgopal <divyaramgopal(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TRIGGERS
Date: 2003-05-05 10:54:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

HI,

I would like to know if you can help me out with the following query: -

I have created a trigger "comm_det_lob_quote_copy" on the table "commercial_details" for the column "lob_quote_copy" which has Integer datatype.

There is also a column in the same table by the name commercial_details_id which is the primary key and of Integer type with no trigger being created on it....

So when I wish to create a binary file using the Update command its obvious that the column "commercial_details_id" must have values in it...

.So i tried Inserting a value into this column....However it gave me the error: "record new has no field lob" ...Is it because I have created a trigger on this table??

But will a trigger affect the whole table or just that particular column on which I have created the trigger for?? I'm a lil' confused and unable to find much thru' Google too....

and thanks in advance...

Regards,

Divya

> .So i tried Inserting a value into this column....However it gave me the
> error: "record new has no field lob" ...Is it because I have created a
> trigger on this table??

Yes.

> But will a trigger affect the whole table or just that particular column
> on which I have created the trigger for?? I'm a lil' confused and unable
> to find much thru' Google too....

Follow the below link to learn about triggered procedures:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=plpgsql-trigger.html

Still if you face problems, forward your table design and function code.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran