Re: postgres default database deleted!!

Lists: pgsql-novice
From: Hilda Raymond <hildaraymond(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres default database deleted!!
Date: 2010-01-06 07:32:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

Im new to postgres and and as soon as I listed databases using the psql -l
command, i accidentally deleted the postgres default database. Im not sure
what to do. Appreciate any help Thank you.

--
Hilda

--
Hilda

if you have deleted the database named "postgres", no need to worry, it was
empty.

--
Pushpendra Singh Thakur

COREEXPERTS Technologies Private Limited
Business Process Automation & IT Support Services
http://www.corexprts.com
Phone - 91-761-4070036
Fax - 91-761-4010530
SMS - 91-799-66554

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Hilda Raymond <hildaraymond(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im new to postgres and and as soon as I listed databases using the psql -l
> command, i accidentally deleted the postgres default database. Im not sure
> what to do. Appreciate any help Thank you.

You can simply recreate the DB like so:

create database postgres;

It will take everything from the template1 database and make a copy by the
name 'postgres'.

Best regards,
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company

singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | yahoo }.com
Twitter/Skype: singh_gurjeet

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device

--
Hilda

the problem is psql doesn't work after deleting this db. Guessing
re-installing is the option.