BUG #4663: I am unable to download the manuals from site

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Dattathreya" <dattu(dot)bonakurthi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4663: I am unable to download the manuals from site
Date: 2009-02-17 09:14:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4663
Logged by: Dattathreya
Email address: dattu(dot)bonakurthi(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system: Windows Xp
Details:

when ever i am trying to download the pdf file it is giving an error, as the
file is corrupted.

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Dattathreya <dattu(dot)bonakurthi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2009-02-18 05:06:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dattathreya wrote:

> Bug reference: 4663
> Logged by: Dattathreya
> Email address: dattu(dot)bonakurthi(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2
> Operating system: Windows Xp
> Details:
>
> when ever i am trying to download the pdf file it is giving an error, as the
> file is corrupted.

Perhaps you might provide the readers of your report with a little
information, since most people here aren't actually psychic. Consider
mentioning:

- What the URL of the PDF file you are attempting to download is
- WHAT THE FULL, EXACT TEXT OF THE ERROR MESSAGE YOU GET IS
- What PDF reader you have installed
- Whether that has a browser plugin active or not
- Whether you're trying to download the PDF (right click -> save as)
or read it embedded in the browser

--
Craig Ringer