Re: questions regarding the current website framework

Lists: pgsql-www
From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gevik babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: questions regarding the current website framework
Date: 2005-06-24 07:41:25
Lists: pgsql-www

________________________________

From: Gevik babakhani [mailto:gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl]
Sent: 23 June 2005 21:09
To: Dave Page; pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi Dave,

I a sure this is brought up before, Bu I have lost this one in
the pile of mailings we have been sending,

Assuming the raw kb content is rendered to file from drupal's
database:

- The contents of these files can be injected into a template
using the current framework.

- In order to have the ability to inject the kb content using
various page templates: Do we want to create a php file for every kb
content file which will contain the code to inject the kb content or we
can use a file with get requests.

Example:

1. article1.php --> reads common-sometemplate.html -->
injects myarticle1.htm and article1.php is added to treeview for users.

Or

2. some_template.php?article=kb12345 --> reads and injects
the kb12345.htm and some_template.php?article=kb12345 is added to
treeview for users.

Which one do you think is best fit into the current framework
and CVS replication?

If I understand correctly, then 2) is what is required. Consider the
.htaccess file in the root of the website.

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /system/handler.php?page=$1 [QSA,L]

The majority of hits get caught by this rule. It takes a path such as:

/foo/bar.html

and rewrites it to:

/system/handler.php?page=/foo/bar.html

handler.php then inspects $_GET['page'] and launches the correct page
formatter - for example, if it begins with 'ftp', then it will hand off
to ftp.php. If is begins with 'docs', it will hand off to docs.php. I
would add a newformatter there, probably pgdn.php, to handle all 'pgdn'
paths.

Regards, Dave

Okay, after I wrote you the email yesterday, I went to look at the
framework. Indeed. I have made minor changes to handler.php in order to
recognize the pgdn content

And added the pgdn.php (like doc.php) which is going to handle all pgdn
stuff.

You can check this on the dev site you created for me.

Regards,

Gevik.