Re: count * performance issue

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "sathiya psql" <sathiya(dot)psql(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: count * performance issue
Date: 2008-03-06 06:26:07
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 5:19 PM, sathiya psql <sathiya(dot)psql(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> buy every time i need to put ANALYZE...
> this takes the same time as count(*) takes, what is the use ??

Dont you have autovacuuming running in the background which is taking care
of the analyze as well?

If not then hmm turn it on and doing manual analyze then shouldnt I guess
take much time!

But yes, I will say if its possible go with the trigger option as that might
be more helpful and a very fast way to do that.

--
Shoaib Mir
Fujitsu Australia Software Technology