: Postgresql Error after recovery

From: Venkat Balaji <venkat(dot)balaji(at)verse(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: : Postgresql Error after recovery
Date: 2012-07-04 08:30:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Community,

We have a critical situation where-in our production database server got
effected by "Root Kit".

When tried to build a replication site by copying the data directory to a
different server, so many files got missed while copying (this is due to
root kit effect).

So, we moved the missing files individually one-by-one and the situation
was a bit better.

We are struck with the following issue -

We are unable to connect to the databases, when we try to do so, we are
getting the below error -

postgres=# \c oltp_db
FATAL: index "pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index" contains unexpected zero
page at block 0
HINT: Please REINDEX it.
Previous connection kept

Can anyone please help us.

Regards,
VB

--

DISCLAIMER:

Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential
and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete this e-mail , whether electronic or printed.
Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not
necessarily reflect the views of *Ver sé Innovation Pvt Ltd*.