Re: Terrible plan for join to nested union

From: Nate Allan <nallan(at)ancestry(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Terrible plan for join to nested union
Date: 2012-07-08 09:43:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

>you are using EAV schema - it is against to relation model enough :)
>this schema has the most terrible performance for large datasets - looks on hstore instead

>Pavel

Actually despite the table named Attribute, I am not doing EAV though I can see why you'd think that. Attributes are part of the conceptual domain I'm modeling and I assure you there are first class columns in the schema for everything. Regardless, that has nothing to do with my performance problem with joining to a nested union.

-Nate