IETF RFP for Open Source DBA Services

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IETF RFP for Open Source DBA Services
Date: 2021-10-17 13:48:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-jobs

I am not looking to hire. I am reposting what I have seen elsewhere.
Please do not ask me any questions.

The IETF has put out an RFP for Open Source DBA Services, and "has
active plans to migrate to PostgreSQL".

From
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rfp-announce/DAAJYWvm7JAKrUJM66RM9hQ9z5A/

"The IETF currently uses MariaDB as the core database for internally
developed applications and has active plans to migrate to PostgreSQL. It
is likely that at some point we will introduce PostgreSQL multi-master
replication for high availability and a suitable open source NoSQL
database for document storage.  We seek a contractor with one or more
highly experienced open source Database Administrators to assist us on
an ongoing basis and with two initial migration projects. We expect this
assistance to include scheduled maintenance, formally scoped projects
and ad-hoc advice and consultancy.  The initial term of the contract
will be for three years with the option to renew for a further three
year term by mutual agreement. "

--
Dan Langille - dan(at)langille(dot)org
https://langille.org/