Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
Subject: Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more
Date: 2002-08-13 01:48:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Curt Sampson wrote:

> ... the bugs in the postgres implementation
> of table inheritance, I've found the relational model much easier
> to use for solving problems.

No one has argued that the shortcomings (not bugs, really, just things
left out) makes the current implementation of very limited utility. As
I mention this is exactly why we choose not to use it at OpenACS.

On the other hand at least we took the time to understand how it
actually does work before criticizing it.

It's a pity, as I pointed out the reduction in joins alone would really
be great.

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR