Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-15 19:35:50
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
> Look, it's pretty simple. Members of the Funds Group want to manage our
> own web stuff. We find that the www.postgresql.org system doesn't
> provide us with the features we need to manage our own stuff easily, and
> that other systems (e.g. Framewerk) do.
>
> We did the same for conference.postgresql.org, and it worked great.
>
> I really don't see why every request for web stuff needs to become a
> turf battle.

I stand corrected on this. Here is the run down:

JoshB asked for spi.postgresql.org
JoshD asked that it not be spi.postgresql.org

JoshB and JoshD agreed that fundraising.postgresql.org would be acceptable.

There was general rambling about some other names including keeping
thepostgresqlfoundation.org.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-08/msg00075.php

Later the funds. name appeared.

What this really comes down to those is the above. The funds group wants
a place to do their work. A CMS that the funds group controls is better
suited to the task.

So now that we have all spent time on this can we please either:

A. create funds.postgresql.org
B. create fundraising.postgresql.org

And point it to:

http://foundation.zaius.ehpg.net/