Re: announcing beta on pg homepage

From: Emily Boyd <emily(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: announcing beta on pg homepage
Date: 2005-08-25 06:56:03
Lists: pgsql-www

Gavin,

> Can we get the font you used in the header, or the original PSD? There
> are several community related sites like the PostgreSQL Foundation site
> who use the same design concept but without matching fonts.

I didn't actually use a font for the logo, as I just grabbed the
Illustrator file from here:

http://www.pgsql.com/graphics/Empowered_logos/

If you need to change the logo text, I *think* the font used is Strait.
I've uploaded a copy here:

http://www.emilyboyd.com/design/postgresql/strait.ttf

The font used for the text on the right is Frutiger Roman. (You'll need
to source your own copy of this, as it's not a free font.)

In case it helps, there's a layered PNG of the entire header here:

http://www.emilyboyd.com/design/postgresql/header.png

Regards,
Emily