Re: RE:Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)

From: Antti Linno <alligator(at)all(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RE:Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)
Date: 2001-04-25 07:05:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hm, about memory exhausting I don't know, but the other day I tested the
limits of the text field in Postgres 6.5.(2 or 3). When ppl inserted text
in windows environment through html forms, then they got no more than
5000+a bit more symbols. Ok, I decided to test and inserted 8000+bit more
from linux and html form. What I got was corrupted table and no way to restore
data. And I am interested in parser or something too so I can see table
fields etc. to restore data if something so shitty happens. And yes I
didn't have backup, and yes it was important data :P Oh, about upgrading,
I don't maintain that machine, and half of its software should be upgraded
:P At least some little proggie to convert binary data to text would be of
some help in the future.

Just my idle thoughts though.

Greetings,
Antti