RE:Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)i4free(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: "J(dot)Fernando Moyano" <txinete(at)wanadoo(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE:Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)
Date: 2001-04-25 05:01:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Previously...
>FATAL 1: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
>pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>before or while processing the request.
>
>A table has been corrupted and i don't know why...
>It's really hard to recover the table, and last time i lost some data ;-(

I have never used 7.0.2 for any length of time....but I would recommend
upgrading to 7.1 - many bugs have been fixed in this release - and hopefully
not too many more introduced :)

also adding more RAM would be a good idea, as 64Mb is not much these days ( I
use apache 1.3.19 + mod perl 1.25 and regularly see 150Mb RSS when I run gtop
)

This may be a Red Herring, but check to see you are not exhausing your swap
space, as all sorts of odd errors can be encouraged by this...

Cheers

Mark