psql COPY with JDBC

From: "Christopher Condit" <condit(at)sdsc(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql COPY with JDBC
Date: 2006-04-03 20:36:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi All-

I've been trying over at the general postgres list with no luck, so I
thought I'd try here. I need to bulk load results from a Java
application on one machine to a postgres db on a remote server. I know
I can use psql interactively to accomplish this, but I'd like to be able
to do it programmatically:

1) I noticed that there was a COPY patch floating around a couple
of years ago - does this still exist. If so, has it been updated for
the latest JDBC driver?

2) Is there a better way to accomplish this than the above patch -
with or without JDBC?

Thanks for your time!

Chris