Problem with getObjet

From: Lydie Soler <Lydie(dot)Soler(at)inapg(dot)inra(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with getObjet
Date: 2006-04-03 10:16:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I have the following code:

try
{
rs = stat.executeQuery(SQL);
}
catch (SQLException ex)
{
throw ex;
}

while (rs.next())
{
sim.addNoeud(rs.getObject(1), rs.getObject(2), rs.getByte(3));
}

where stat is a Statement, rs a ResultSet and SQL my SQL query.
My problem is that the rs.getObject commands return null. But if I use
rs.getString() it returns the correct value (ie a string that is not
null)...

I am wondering if this means that I can't use the getObject to get a
String ??? I used to do it with Oracle database....
The program used to work with Oracle, so I need to know the changes I
have to do to make it work under Postgres.
Thanks for your help.

--
Soler Lydie

Département Mathématiques et Informatique appliquées
Unité Mét(at)risk

16, rue Claude Bernard
75 231 PARIS Cédex 05
tel: (+33) 1 44 08 18 89
Fax : 01.44.08.72.76
E-mail: Lydie(dot)Soler(at)inapg(dot)inra(dot)fr

http://metarisk.inapg.inra.fr