Status of server side Large Object support?

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Status of server side Large Object support?
Date: 2004-11-28 09:22:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I'm in the phase of implementing CLOB's and BLOB's in PL/Java. I found
the inv_api.c and will use that as the base for my implementation. I
lack two calls:

int inv_length(LargeObjectDesc* lo);

void inv_truncate(LargeObjectDesc* lo, int position);

Searching the archives I found some questions concerning this but there
seem to be no resolution at this point. Is this correct? If so I might
want to give it a try. I didn't find the topic on the TODO list though.
Shouldn't it be?

Has anyone done some work on this already?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren