ERROR: could not access status of transaction

From: "Thomas F(dot) O'Connell" <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: PgSQL-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: could not access status of transaction
Date: 2006-04-17 06:26:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I recently saw this in some postgres logs:

ERROR: could not access status of transaction ...
DETAIL: could not open file "pg_clog/...": No such file or directory
STATEMENT: COPY ...

The copy command was issued amongst a number of other queries from an
application layer at the same time as a pg_dumpall was running.

Based on this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-01/msg00287.php

I would not have thought this cluster was vulnerable. It's running
8.1.3. It makes me a little nervous that the nightly backup was
interrupted, but it makes me a little more nervous that it seems
indicative of an abstruse error condition. Any thoughts from the
hackers?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming