Re: disable trigger from transaction

From: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>
To: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
Cc: PgSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: disable trigger from transaction
Date: 2005-01-25 04:07:36
Lists: pgsql-general

It got me curious enough that I tested it, and apparently droping a
trigger locks the table. Any actions on that table must wait until the
transaction that drops the trigger finishes.

So, technically my system works, but requires a rather nasty lock while
the transaction (the one that doesn't want the trigger to execute)
finishes.

Yours doesn't require any special locking, so it seems yours would be
the preferred solution.

Regards,
Jeff Davis