Solaris port status

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Solaris port status
Date: 2003-12-10 19:31:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all,

As I hoped in my previous mail, I finally got it running! Congratulation
for your code and a big thank to Adam's "configure" scripts! It was
quite straight to get it build although I had to patch one file in
pgAdmin3 (see patch attached).

1) The patch attached just add a define concerning INADDR_NONE which is
not defined in solaris headers. I think the patch places the 3 lines
where they should be but please correct it if it doesn't suite your taste :)
2) All the build were done with gcc 3.3.2
3) I observed "strange" behaviours (wx asserts and things like this) but
I was able to connect to a db and to view tables and data in them :). I
must say that the wxWin I used was rapidly patched with some failed
hunks... I did not want to take too much time with wx as Andreas knows
it better than me.

So, would it be possible for us to move to the snapshot I used for this
build
(http://wxwindows.sourceforge.net/snapshots/wx-cvs-20031207.tar.bz2) ?
Andreas, can you take some time for this ?

Is there any chance to get a Solaris box which could host the build ?
For the moment, the only thing I could get by broadcasting to my friend
is a "SS 5" which I doubt I can install sol 9 on it. I'm waiting for
another answer but if you know someone who could provide better, it
would be great.

Regards,
Raphaël

patchpga3.sol text/plain 349 bytes