Reply: Can we specify transaction level

From: guxiaobo1982 <guxiaobo1982(at)qq(dot)com>
To: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Reply: Can we specify transaction level
Date: 2013-07-20 00:08:25
Lists: pgsql-general

what does a wrapper function mean, count is a standard function in Greenplum, or how to creat the wrapper function.

regards

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM, guxiaobo1982 <guxiaobo1982(at)qq(dot)com> wrote:

There is another situation,

We have a demo table with about 17000000 rows, the "select count(1) from demotable" statement finishes with-in 3 seconds when executed directlly against the Greenplum database,but it takes about 230 seconds to finish when executed via postgres_fdw inside PostgreSQL 9.3 beta2, I guess that it may because of postgres_fdw pulling data to the PostgreSQL instance and counts the rows there, but I think the query optimizer should pass through the count() function to the Greenplum end, and gets only the result back.

Are you able to create a function in Greenplum which is a wrapper around that count(*) and call that via the postgres_fdw?