CREATE TABLE AS COMMAND

From: "Bob Powell" <Bob(at)hotchkiss(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CREATE TABLE AS COMMAND
Date: 2003-12-05 18:20:27
Lists: pgsql-general

To whom it may concern,

The following select works fine until I use the CREATE TEMP TABLE AS command because of the matching participant_id's in each table.

SELECT * FROM addresses LEFT OUTER JOIN contacts ON
contacts.participant_id = addresses.participant_id;

Running the select obviously works fine, it's just when I try to create a table when I runn into problems. Do I have to list all of the fields except the one I don't want, or is there another way? Thanks in advance.

Bob Powell