jdk1.5, pgsql8 on WinXP: classpath problems

From: Zoltan Bartko <bartkozo(at)centrum(dot)sk>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: jdk1.5, pgsql8 on WinXP: classpath problems
Date: 2004-11-22 08:22:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello folks,

please be patient with me or point me to the correct forum.

I have jdk1.5 and pgsql8 on WinXP (SK). I have a working pgsql8 beta4
server along with the JDBC driver (I know it works, OpenOffice gets me
through).

My only problem is that even a trivial Hello World app stops saying
org.postgresql.Driver not found (in particular even a program called jdbc
tester (jdbctester.sourceforge.net) comes up everytime with this error,
even with CLASSPATH set as described at jdbc.postgresql.org)

I even copied the jdbc driver to c:\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib, but there it gets
lost, too. I tried also renaming the driver, no luck.

What am I doing wrong? I tried to search the list archives, I have not
found anything that would have helped.

Thanks in advance

Zoltan

-=x=-
Skontrolované antivírovým programom NOD32